Tuesday, August 4, 2009

AZ Trip

It was our last evening in Phoenix and I was taking the kids to my friends for dinner b/c Blake had a dinner meeting. Driving on the freeway when suddenly a huge piece of metal hits the windshield and busts through it. Thank God I had my sunglasses on and no glass got in my eyes. I was able to merge and pull over on an exit ramp. We were totally protected by God... both kids were fine and I barely had a scratch on me. There was glass everywhere... tiny pieces and shavings, it looked like I was covered in body glitter. I made my first 911 call and Blake was able to get a ride to come rescue us ;) It's pretty scary to think how bad it could have been had the metal went through just a little higher on the windshield. We are so grateful for God's protection.
Here's a pic I took w/w my phone of the metal object.

Other than that incident our time in AZ was nice. We enjoyed visiting with old friends and were instantly reminded of how hot the summers really are there. One day the temp. on the car read 118 degrees! We were very glad to get back to the mild OH summer weather.

Wish I could post more photos of the trip, but unfortunately our camera is on the d-l.

1 comment:

  1. SHUT UP!

    PRAISE GOD!

    Oh my gosh, Sarah, what a scary, scary situation.

    I'm SO thankful you all are okay. What a crazy story.

    God is SO awesome. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete